Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Real man?

I was having a discussion with some friends of mine and one of them who tends to joke a lot said to me well how about your take Andrew and Josh with you to camp, well, my response was that they weren't man enough to go. All that I heard was silence and then one of them spoke up and said What do you mean they aren't man enough?

I don't think everyone will agree with me but in my opinion it takes a real man to trust another like those involved in the BDSM lifestyle. It takes a real man to submit to another man, for to be spanked, slapped, whipped, etc and not want to turn around and pummel the guy just because he has done so. For those that are into the lifestyle and are bottoms we are butting our trust and our lives in another man's hands. Is it possible to hurt someone physically and emotionally, sure it is, but that is part of the risk that we take.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tigger, :)

    So there are aspects of what you've written here that I agree with and some about which I feel differently. Namely where I think we have divergent views is that I don't particularly believe in a "real" anything. I don't think there is anything that makes a person a "real" master, a "real" submissive, a "real" age player or even a "real" man. I don't see it here, but mostly I see the term "real" used when someone is trying to position some aspect of themselves or a partner as being better than others somehow. It's a divining and, in my opinion, mostly useless term.

    Where I whole heartedly agree with you is that I feel it often does take s very strong person to concentualy submit to another. Submission and power are gifts. They are gifts best given by though who have it to offer. Those that come to a power exchange relationship must possess power in order to have something to offer in the relationship. I believe this applies regardless of the gender and structure of the relationship.

    It's good to see you posting such thoughtful stuff. Please keep it up. :)

    *snuggles*
    spacey - Adopted by Lady Mae

    ReplyDelete